top of page

Outdoor Burning & Permits

Island County Public Health issues Burn Permits to the residents of Island County. When a Burn Ban is not in effect, permits can be obtained at the Public Health Department in Coupeville, (360) 679-7350.

Residential yard debris and land-clearing burning are permanently banned within the city limits of Coupeville, Freeland, Langley, and Oak Harbor (and their urban-grown areas).

For more information, please refer to Outdoor Burning on Island County's website.

bottom of page